Some Philanthropists and devoted brothers of Islam register the society named as MUSLIM EDUCATIONAL & WELFARE SOCIETY (MEWS) under the Societies Registration Act 1860 and Founded a College named as MORADABAD MUSLIM DEGREE COLLEGE (M.M.D.C.) in 1996 with 62 students in a rented building.
The college is situated on the banks of River Ram Ganga, Katghar, Moradabad as a Self Financing Institute having Permanent Affiliation from M.J.P. Rohilkhand University, Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh. The college has also got the Minority Character from State Govt. in 1998.
Academic halls were established for Arts, Social Sciences subjects English, Urdu, Hindi, History, Political Science, and Geography at B.A. level. The batches of initial year brought laurels, name and fame to the college through 97% successful results. The successive batches took it as a tradition and are still maintaining it.
In the year 2000, MEWS purchased 6,960 Sq. Meter Land and constructed the new building with full infrastructure. The college has got affiliation of two more subjects Economics and Sociology in 2002, Understanding the need of the hour, the college has flattered its wings to introduce some more courses as B.Sc. (Biology & Maths Group). B.Com. and three more subjects at B.A. level, Home Science, Education and Psychology from 2008.
With a view to fulfill the growing demands of the time some professional and technical courses are needed. Hence, the society is in process to bring BBA, BCA, B.Ed and BTC in near future.